YELLOW MOONG DAL KABAB from Uttar Pradesh
July 29, 2020
Contributed by Mona Khemani
- 1 cup yellow moong dal (soaked for 3 hours)
- 2 tbsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tbsp garam masala
- 2 slices white bread.. Breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp ginger paste
- 1tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1/4tbsp chaat masala
- 1tbsp ghee
- 2tbsp curd
- coriander leaves.
- Take a pan heat up, add 1tbsp ghee and cumin seeds into it
- Once the seeds start crackling, add soaked yellow moong dal, add required salt and cook the dal for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off after the dal is cooked, transfer the cooked dal into a plate. Allow it to cool.
- Once dal cools down, transfer it into a mixer & grind it. Then take out in bowl
- Add salt to taste, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, curd,ginger paste,chopped green chillies and coriander leaves, garam masala, chaat masala and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well & knead it gently to make soft dough.Shape them into smooth balls using your palms.
- Take pan heat oil & deep fry it or shallow fry it until it turns golden brown..ready to serve with green chutney & onion, tomato rings & lemon.