WHEAT DALIA WITH PUNJABI WADI FROM PUNJAB
July 28, 2020
Contributed by Vandana Khurrana
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup dalia / broken wheat
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilli, slit
- 2 Punjabi wadi
- 2 tbsp peas / matar
- 1 small capsicum
- ½ carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- salt to taste
- ½ cup green moong dal, soaked
- 4 cups water
- Firstly, in a pan heat 1 tsp oil
- Add in ½ cup dalia / broken wheat and roast on low flame.
- Roast for 2-3 minutes or till dalia turns aromatic. keep aside.
- Further in a cooker heat 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp jeera and pinch of hing.
- Saute till the jeera splutters.
- Add broken punjabi wadi and roast.
- Additionally, add in ½ tsp ginger paste and 2 green chilli. saute for a minute.
- Furthermore add in 1 tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add peas, carrot, capsicum, turmeric and Salt to taste.
- Saute for a minute or two.
- Add in ½ cup green moong dal, soaked for 20 minutes.
- Saute for a minute.
- Now water and give a good stir.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till dalia gets cooked completely.
- Finally, serve mixed vegetable dalia with butter milk or some pickle.