May 30, 2020
Another variation of the South Indian breakfast is the fried Wada made using the same batter as Idli. Soaked in Sambhar or eaten with coconut chutney, the wada is an awesome dish.
- Urad Dal (white)- 250g (to be soaked overnight)
- Curry Leaves- 10-15 leaves
- Ginger- 1/4th piece
- Whole coriander- ½ tsp
- Green Chilly- 3-4
- Cumin- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/4th tsp
- Wash and soak the dal overnight in enough water to submerge the grains.
- Finely chop all ingredients.
- Grind the soaked dal.
- Add water to the soaked dal and whisk..
- Mix all ingredients in the whisk.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pal, and with a little batter test if it is ready to fry.
- If ready, make dough rings from the batter and fry them in the oil, to get Vadas!