Vegan Shahi Paneer (Tofu) (Gravy)
Shahi gravy which is deeply colored and flavorful, is perhaps one of the most fabled and beloved dishes of Indian cuisine. You can serve Vegan Shahi Tofu with naan, roti or some rice for a delicious, healthy meal.
- Tofu- 250 gm
- Onion- 2
- Ginger- 1 piece
- Garlic- 8-10 cloves
- Cashew nuts- 8-10 or more
- Raisins- 8-10 or more
- Green Chilly- 2-3
- Garam masala- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilly powder-1/4th tsp
- Cardamom whole or powder- 3-4 crushed whole OR 2 tsp
- Cumin- 1/4th tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/4th tsp
- Coconut cream- 4 tbs
- Oil-4 tbs
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Once heated, add to it onion, ginger, garlic (chopped), cashew, almonds and tomatoes. Dry roast the ingredients and fry.
- Cool the mixture and grind it in a mixie.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once heated, add cumin to the pan and the ground mix..
- Once the mix starts releasing oil add to it red chilly powder, garam masala, cardamom (crushed) and coriander powder.
- Add water if needed, to the gravy and heat till it reaches required consistency.
- Add coconut milk to the mix and give it one final stir.