TOFU POLLICHATHU MASALA Spicy (Fusion) from Karela
August 2, 2020
Contributed by Vandana Khurana
- Tofu slices long – 8-10
- Gravy (thick) Ingredients
- Pearl onions / small onion, chopped - 5 (can substitute with regular onions)
- Tomato chopped - 2
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaf - 1/2 stem
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil or any oil of choice - 2 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Red chilly - 4 / 5
- Curry leaves - half stem
- Chopped green chilies -5-6
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew – 4-6
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- In a nonstick pan; add little coconut oil, when it is hot, add chopped shallots/pearl onion and saute until it is translucent.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste, chopped green chilies, curry leaves and fry for a few mins now add chopped tomatoes and saute for 2 mins. Do not let the ingredients burn.
- Immediately add all spice powders prepared for the gravy, add little salt, sprinkle little water and check taste for any additional seasoning; mix in thoroughly. Cool and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the Tofu slices.
- Now layer the Tofu slices with the thick gravy prepared above.
Serve with lime wedges and hot steamed rice and Enjoy!