Tofu Bhurji (Scrambled Tofu)
Tofu can be used as a substitute for Paneer in curries. It is packed with the goodness of calcium and iron. Grated tofu, onions, tomatoes, veggies is used to make Masala Bhurji. Can be used it as stuffing for sandwiches or served with Roti.
- Tofu 250g
- Onion 2 big
- Tomato 2
- Capsicum 1
- Green chilli 2
- Coriander 1-2 spoon chopped
- Ginger 1/4 tsp
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Cumin 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Crumble tofu using your hands. Finely chop onions, tomatoes, capsicum, green chillies, coriander, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add cumin to it.
- Then add onions and salt. Wait till the onions turns golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes to the mix and wait for it to become soft and puree like in texture.
- Add the garam masala and red chilly powder.
- Add capsicum and green chillies to the mix.
- Once all the ingredients seem cooked, add crumbled tofu and mix well.
- Keep stirring it on low heat till it's moist and soft. Enjoy your scrambled tofu on a toasted bread or with a Parantha!