SOYA CHUNKS PEAS PULAO
August 3, 2020
Contributed by Karishma Sharma
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Soya chunks or Meal maker – 1/2 cup
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves 2
- Wash rice and soak it for 15 min.
- Chop Onion into juliennes.
- Chop tomatoes finely and keep aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil.
- Add jeera seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and roast for a second.
- Add the onions and sauté till pink.
- Add ginger garlic paste,tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes soften.
- Add soya chunks, peas, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and toss well.
- Drain water from rice and add the rice to the cooker and mix gently to combine well.
- Add 1-1/2 cups water, salt, garam masala powder and give it a stir to distribute evenly.
- Close the cooker with the lid and let it cook over medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Switch off and let the pressure release by itself.
- Soya chunks peas pulao is ready.
- Gently fluff the pulao with a fork to separate the grains.
Serve hot with any vegan raita or gravy of your choice!!