Sambar Masala Powder
A unique blend of spices which are dry roasted or even roasted with little oil and then grounded to form a fine powder. This spice powder is then added to lentil based soup with vegetables to make an authentic sambar recipe.
- Whole Red Chilli-200g
- Dried Coriander- 200g
- Fenugreek Seeds- 50g
- Rice- 1tbs
- Urad Dal(lentils)- 1tbs
- Chana Dal (lentils)-1tbs
- Hing- 10g/as preferred
- Mustard Oil- 4-5 tbs
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, add rice, lentils, and coriander seeds.
- Once the rice and lentils turn to light brown, add dried coriander.
- Add the red chillies and wait for the mix to cool down.
- Once the mix cools down, grind it in a mixie.
- You may add hing to the mix, for taste. Home made Sambar Masala powder is now ready.