Rava (Sooji or Semolina) Uthappam from Tamil Nadu
August 1, 2020
Contributed by Ritambari M
- Rava - 2 cups
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Maida - 1 tablespoon
- Carrot - 2, grated
- Tomato - 1, finely chopped
- Onion - 1, finely chopped
- Ginger - 1" piece, finely chopped
- Coriander leaf - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Mix all ingredients, except oil, with enough water to form a dosa consistency batter.
- Heat a tava. Pour out a ladle full of batter on to it. Spread. Dab required amount of oil. Roast till uthappam is brown. Flip, roast a couple of minutes. Take off the fire.
Serve hot with coconut chutney, milagai podi, and tomato chutney.