PEARL MILLET GRUEL (BAJRA) from Uttar Pradesh
July 28, 2020
Contributed by Sumathi Sivakumar
- 2 cups Broken Bajra (broken Bajra is available in markets or you can break it in mixer in just 30 seconds)
- Put the broken bajra in a pressure cooker directly, before that wash just to remove the husk.
- Add water and pressure cook for three whistles.
- One cup of Bajra needs two and a half cup of water.
- This cooking has to be done a day before consumption
- Once it comes to normal room temperature, add two cups of water to it and keep it whole night.
- Next morning mix it without lumps, add salt and enough curds.
- You can eat this with pickles, onions( shallots are preferable), green chillies( optional).