Mango Pachadi Chutney from Tamil Nadu
Contributed by Lydia Krishnan
This is a very special recipe which is prepared for the Tamil New Year. Mango Pachadi chutney is an awesome combination of the sweetness from jaggery, sourness from mangoes and the spicy chili which make it hard to resist!
- Raw Mangos 3 medium sized
- Jaggery to taste
- Chilly powder 1 tbsp/ red whole chillies 2-3
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the green mango into small pieces and boil with just enough water to make it slightly mushy.
- Add chilli powder, salt and jaggery to taste.
- Tadka/temper with mustard seeds and oil.