KHATTA MEETHA KARELA from Punjab
August 3, 2020
Contributed by Sandhya Dua
- 4 bitter gourd
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon jaggery
- salt as required
- cut the bitter ground and sprinkle some salt and keep it aside for 1 hour
- After that wash the bitter gourd thoroughly under running water and pat dry them. fry bitter gourd
- Or if you don't want to fry steam or boil the bitter gourd it's up to you
Step 2 : Prepare The Tempering
- Heat oil in a pan and when the oil is hot enough add chopped onions and saute the onion till golden brown. Now it's time to add ginger and garlic paste followed by coriander, red chili powder, turmeric, and drizzle some drops of water and stir well.
Step 3: Add Chopped Bitter Gourd And Tamarind Paste
- Drop the chopped bitter gourd pieces, tamarind paste and salt in the pan to enhance the taste. Keep on stirring till the mixture is incorporated generously. Let the bitter gourd cook for about 5-7 minutes.
Step 4 :Melt Jaggery Into The Mixture And Enjoy
- To sweeten the dish more, add jaggery in the pan and let it melt. Once done, turn off the flame and enjoy hot and fresh. For best taste, team it with your favourite Indian bread.