Instant Rasam from Tamil Nadu
May 21, 2020
Contributed by Meenakshi Rajagopalan
An instant rasam recipe is a good alternative without much hassle. basically you just need finely chopped tomatoes and onions with an authentic rasam powder for tomato rasam without dal
- Tomatos 3-4 finely chopped
Ingredients for Tempering/ Tadka
- Mustard seeds
- Dried Red Chilli
- Chop the tomatoes finely.
- In a kadai/pan do tadka with either ghee or oil
- Splutter mustard seeds, once the splutter settles add dried red chilli, jeera and hing
- Now add tomatoes and garlic sauté for few minutes
- Add tamarind water
- Now either use rasam powder and salt or add coriander powder, jeera
- powder, and black. Pepper with little haldi and salt.
- Garnish with kari patta/ curry leaves and hara dhaniya
- Boil and instant rasam ready
- In a mixie grind tomatoes, red chilli, coriander seeds, jeera, black pepper with salt, haldi, hara dhaniya stems and leaves and a tiny ball of tamarind.
- Grind these into a fine paste
- In a Kada/ pani, take ghee or oil, add tadka/ tempering
- Add the ground paste and add water.
- Add a few hara dhaniya leaves chopped and kari patta/ curry leaves..
- Boil and Rasam is ready.