Instant Rasam from Tamil Nadu
May 21, 2020
Contributed by Meenakshi Rajagopalan
An instant Rasam recipe is a good alternative without much hassle. All you need is just finely chopped tomatoes and onions with an authentic rasam powder for a quick Tomato Rasam.
- Tomatos 3-4 finely chopped Rasam powder as per taste.
Ingredients for Tempering/ Tadka
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Dried Red Chilli 2-3
- Jeera 1/2 tbsp
- Hing pinch
- Garlic 5-6 pods Oil 3 spoons
- Chop the tomatoes finely.
- In a kadai/pan do tadka with either ghee or oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds, once the splutter settles add dried red chilli, jeera and hing.
- Now add tomatoes and garlic sauté for a few minutes.
- Add tamarind water..
- Now either use rasam powder and salt or add coriander powder, jeera
- Garnish with kari patta/ curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Boil well and instant Rasam is ready to be served!
- In a mixie grind tomatoes, red chilli, coriander seeds, jeera, black pepper with salt, haldi, hara dhaniya stems and leaves and a tiny ball of tamarind.
- Grind these into a fine paste
- In a Kada/ pani, take ghee or oil, add tadka/ tempering
- Add the ground paste and add water.
- Add a few coriander leaves chopped and kari patta/ curry leaves.
- Boil well and Instant Rasam is ready.