Hara Bara Kabab from Uttar Pradesh
July 29, 2020
Contributed by Vidhya Parmesh
- Boiled grated potato 2 large
- Blanched and chopped spinach 1 bunch
- Capsicum green 1 chopped
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Green peas blanched if fresh or frozen 1 cup
- Ginger paste 1 spoon
- Green chillies 3 or 4 according to your spice level
- Dhaniya leaves
- Turmeric powder 1/2 spoon
- Oil for Saute n deep fry
- Corn starch 2 or 3 spoon
- Bread crumbs 3 spoon for binding n some for coating..
- 1/4 spoon garam masala optional
- Salt to taste...
- Few mint leaves optional
- Cashewnuts a few
- Heat a pan and add some oil, add jeera. Let it brown then add ginger, green chillies and capsicum. Saute it for couple of minutes
- Add spinach leaves, green peas, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, turmeric powder and saute well.
- Let the moisture dry, not completely but so much that it doesn't throw water while adding to the potato..
- Turmeric is added for a nice pleasing green colour)
- Once the moisture dries let it cool and blend it in mixie.
- Add the paste to boiled and grated potato corn starch bread crumbs n mix well...
- Keep in the fridge for 30 mins so that you can shape them well.
- Now make tikkis. Stick cashew nut on top n coat it with bread crumbs deep fry,sprinkle chat masala n serve.