Dosa Aloo/ Potato Masala for Dosa Filling
May 29, 2020
The Aloo/ Potato masala for filling into Masala Dosa, is very quick to make. It surely makes the dosa not to be missed with its added spiciness.
- Aloo(boiled)- ½ kg
- Onion- 2 big
- Tomatoes- 2 big (cut long)
- Curry leaves- 10-20 leaves
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Whole red chilli- 2
- Chana Dal- 1 tbs
- Oil- 4 tbs
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds to the oil when hot.
- Add Chana dal to the oil and wait till it browns
- Once the dal browns, add to the temper/ tadka: curry leaves and long chopped onions.
- Once the onion browns, add tomato and salt.
- Wait till the tomato putrefies, after which add the sambar masala.
- Semi-mash boiled potatoes and add them to the tempered mix. The Potato masala is now ready to be filled into the Dosa.