Vegan Dahi Bhindi from Hyderabad
Contributed by Harsh Niddi Mishrra
Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi is quite a loved, easy and quick curry recipe prepared with Bhindi/Okra and soya yogurt. It has a smooth and silky texture and tanginess too thanks to the yogurt. The fried Okra absorbs the spicy curd gravy quickly and makes it juicy. Being very low in calories and rich in vitamins, Dahi Bhindi makes a healthy meal option for lunch or dinner with both Chappati and Rice.
- Bhindi/Okra, washed, dried and cut into longer pieces than usual 1/2 kilo.
- Onions 1-2 cut long
- Vegan soya yogurt beaten 1-1 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/4
- Sal to taste
- Fry the Bhindi/okra and keep them aside.
- Take some oil separately and add the chopped onions, saute until slightly brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala.
- Now add the previous fried bhindi (okra) and give it a good mix.
- Add the yogurt and let it cook.
Dahi Bhindi tastes wonderful, tangy and yummy!!