CRISPY DAL VADA from Kerala
July 29, 2020
Contributed by Sumathi Sivakumar
- Channa dal - 1 cup soaked for one hour.
- Ginger - one inch size
- Garlic cloves - 4 to 5
- Dry red chillies - 3
- Fennel seeds - one teaspoon
- Onions -Finely chopped one
- Green chillies - finely chopped 2
- Curry leaves - one spring
- Daniya - two spoons chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to fry.
- Grind soaked and drained channa dal with garlic, ginger, fennel seeds, curry leaves and salt.
- Grind to coarse consistency.
- Add onions, green chillies, daniya seeds and salt.
- Heat the oil in the pan and take a lemon sized batter and flattened and deep fry till it becomes crispy.
The Dal Vadas are now ready to serve with some steaming tea!!