Chana Dal with Spinach
May 29, 2020
Easy to make, with the goodness of Chana which is rich in protein, this dal is surely not to be missed.
- Chana dal- 250 g
- Spinach- ½ kg
- Onion- 2 big
- Garlic- 5-6
- Cumin- 1/4th tsp
- Whole red chilli- 2
- Ginger- 1 small piece
- Garam masala- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/4th tsp
- Oil- 2tbs
- Wash and boil dal in 1 kg of water (boiling time ½ and hour to 45 mins)
- Chop spinach finely and add to the boiling dal, with salt
For temper/ tadka
- Heat oil in a large frying pan
- Once heated, add cumin to the oil
- Add onion and garlic to the temper and wait till it browns.
- Add tomato and the masalas next
- Wait for the tomatoes to putrefy. Once putrefied, add the temper to the mix.