Aloo posto from West bengal, Kolkata
August 1, 2020
Contributed by Saurovi Gosh
- Aloo - 4 medium ( cut in medium cubes)
- Onion - 1 large ( chopped in thin slices)
- Green Chili ( slit) - 5
- Khuskhus paste - 5 tbsp
- Sugar ( optional)
- Kalongi - 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard oil ( this recipe tastes best with mustard oil, you can use white oil if allergic to mustard)
- Heat Kadhai, pour mustard oil in it...
- Put in kalonji and green chillies. Pour onion slices, and fry lightly,
- Pour the aloo pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes, add salt and cover till the aloos are half done,
- Capsicum, Tomato, Onions and other herbs Optional
- Put in khus khus paste and fry for a few minutes..
- Add 2.5 cups water and cover cook till the aloos are soft and the gravy is semi dried.
- Add 1 spoon sugar, adjust salt…
- Pour 1 tbsp raw mustard oil and a few slit green chilis for garnishing.
Serve with hot rice....it's heavenly!!!