Aloo Baingan (Potatoes and Brinjal) Vegetable
May 29, 2020
Aloo baingan masala is a dish where potatoes and eggplant are cooked in a tasty spiced onion tomato sauce.Is a quick dish that can be ready within just 15 minutes!
- Brinjal- 250 gm
- Potatoes- 2 medium
- Tomatoes- 2 medium
- Onion- 1 big
- Ginger- ½ inch
- Garlic- 4-5 cloves
- Cumin- ½ spoon
- Salt- to taste (1/4th tbs)
- Turmeric- 1/4th tbs
- Red chilly powder- To taste
- Garam Masala (optional)- to taste
- Oil- 4 tbs
- Prepare a temper by heating oil in a large frying pan
- Add to it cumin. Once the cumin releases oil, add onion
- Wait for the onion to brown, and add garlic and ginger.
- Next add tomato and wait for it to putrefy
- Once the temper seems partially prepared, add to it salt, turmeric, red chilly powder and garam masala.
- Chop the brinjal and potatoes and add them to the temper.
- Heat the mix on a low flame and stir.