Thenga Chammanthi Chutney from Kerala
Contributed by Divyaa Menon
The amalgamation of coconut and spices make dishes and chutneys from Kerala very special. The coconut milk gives them a texture and taste not to be missed!
This Thenga Chammanthi loaded with the health benefits of the coconut and spices serves as a great spicy side dish for rice dishes.
- Raw coconut grated 1
- 2 unevenly cut onion
- a small sprig curry leaves
- 2-3 small red chillies
- salt to taste
- Fry Curry leaves and 2 unevenly cut Onion in a pan until soft.
- In a blender put 5 tbsp (heeping) of fresh grated coconut and 2-3 dried red chillies without stem and blend well.
- Can fry the red chilis with the onion for a spicer version.
- Add the onions to the ground mix and add salt.And you are ready to serve.