Thenga Chammanthi Chutney from Kerala
Contributed by Divyaa Menon
The amalgamation of coconut and spices make dishes and chutneys from Kerala very special. The coconut milk gives them a texture and taste not to be missed upon.
This thenga chammanthi loaded with the health benefits of the coconut and spices serves as a great spicy side dish for rice.
- Raw coconut
- 2 unevenly cut onion
- a small sprig curry leaves
- 2-3small red chillies
- salt to taste
- Fry 2 unevenly cut Onion in a pan until soft.
- In a blender put 5 tbsp (heeping) of fresh grated coconut and 2-3 dried red chillies without stem and blend well.
- Would be tastier and spicier if you fry the red chilis with the onion.
- And you are ready to serve.